Skip to main content

Mental Health Awareness


Mental Health Awareness

Mental health doesn't need an invitation to wreak havoc on your mind, body and soul. It comes without warning. You could be perfectly fine and then you just feel unwell or uneasy. Your body starts tensing up and you feel like you're drowning. I have tried to hide from my anxiety for years because people treat you differently. They don't understand that it is not who you choose to be but it chooses you.


Do you have that friend who always says they will, but they don't? It is not because they don't want to attend or they don't want to excel. It is because they are physically and mentally tired.


Why does society shun the weak and feeble? Do they not know that sometimes mental illness comes from tragedy? Or maybe it is society that created it? Some people haven't been given the ability to cope with their illness. Or maybe you are strong and famous but you suffer depression?


Every time you make someone feel bad for mental illness you are actually adding more fire to the flame. Instead, lend a listening ear and really try to hear what that person is saying. No they are not fine. No they are not being over dramatic. They are suffering something you know nothing about.


We ALL are suffering something others know nothing about.


Until we break that Stigma that you are less because you are not mentally strong, we will always have people suffering in silence or worse maybe they fight back and we will always be the ones to blame for this.


Accept that sometimes people go through things they have NO control over and all they need from you is the freedom in knowing it is ok to not be ok.


Do you personally suffer from Mental Illness? My Anxiety has gotten better but it is because I pray, then pray harder. I take supplements that controls my emotions, and I exercise to exert the physical tension that Anxiety brings - uninvited, without warning.


Whatever makes you happy, DO that. Or if you're in a season of depression and you've lost all hope - reach out! https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/


Love,


Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sit with Jesus..

  This morning my husband got up to go hunting. Typically I’d fall back asleep and wake when the kids do but I kept hearing in my head, sit with Jesus. My mother in law gifted me a devotional years ago called messy motherhood. I’ve picked it up and put it down so many times but that’s motherhood right? However I chose that as my baseline for this morning’s visit with God. And man does he NOT disappoint when he specifically calls you to sit with him immediately!  In this devotional Lysa talks about: “(Ephesians 4:22-24). The Greek word for "made new" is koino. One of its definitions is "uncommon." I wanted to be an uncommon calm in the midst of chaos and an example of peace for my kids in a world of pressure. For that to happen, I came up with a plan for us moms: Tell the world to wait.” In my overstimulated brain I often getting very tired and weary. It’s like there’s no escaping it. But I was reminded today that I am managing blessings and if I want to cultivate q

The narrow road..

  Maybe it’s not about the straight and narrow road but how these red words come alive off this page.   Maybe it seems so hard when you’re looking in the rear view mirror instead of between the yellow lines.  I know I’ve found God at the end on my rope, looking out the window on my way to church. I believe he loves me on my bad days just as much as my worst, and I’ll never get to heaven unless I accept the hurt. He can use a fishing rod and deer stands, restless nights chasing monsters out from under the bed.  If I’m gonna get to heaven I’ll learn to slow down and soak in the view, because living water pours from the mountain and reaches the valley in the lowest points of view. ❤️

I don’t think Jesus does it that way..

  Every time I look back on what I’ve been through and I see the person I’m morphing into, I understand how the pain had to exist to get me to wake up. I’ve always been hard headed, and it wasn’t until I shared my testimony in text to my eldest niece that I truly understood the magnitude of it. I’ve talked about my testimony when I was younger but seeing it written out allowed me space to advocate for other young women like myself. Since I have a daughter I want her to know that there is so much groundwork that had to be done to cultivate a healthy lifestyle and that sometimes we have to walk through fire to find the best version of ourselves and there’s NO shame in that!  🖤 My testimony below - the younger version 🖤 “I remember the teenage years were so hard for me. I tried so hard to find where I fit in. I thrived on attention from anyone who would give it to me. I avoided the people I loved because I felt convicted of the lifestyle I was living anytime I was around good. But God!