Skip to main content

Sit with Jesus..

 


This morning my husband got up to go hunting. Typically I’d fall back asleep and wake when the kids do but I kept hearing in my head, sit with Jesus.

My mother in law gifted me a devotional years ago called messy motherhood. I’ve picked it up and put it down so many times but that’s motherhood right? However I chose that as my baseline for this morning’s visit with God. And man does he NOT disappoint when he specifically calls you to sit with him immediately! 

In this devotional Lysa talks about:

“(Ephesians 4:22-24). The Greek word for "made new" is koino. One of its definitions is "uncommon." I wanted to be an uncommon calm in the midst of chaos and an example of peace for my kids in a world of pressure. For that to happen, I came up with a plan for us moms:

Tell the world to wait.”


In my overstimulated brain I often getting very tired and weary. It’s like there’s no escaping it. But I was reminded today that I am managing blessings and if I want to cultivate quiet time, God reminded me early bird gets the worm and it’s his job to help me on this path. 


My mother told me the other day motherhood is like getting on a roller coaster. It’s bumpy, scary, you’ll have to hold on and there is lots of turns. But when you get off the ride you say, MAN that was fun! 


Soon this quiet room will be filled with the noises I prayed for. There will be little bare feet pattering the floor, mommy I want you will be the chant, and task will fill my time. This is what I prayed for and I will manage these blessings today with a little more armor than I did yesterday! 


Love,

Pam



Comments

  1. I Love the phrase sit with Jesus and Manage blessings.What a beautifulbthing to say about your children.And they are beautiful and strong just like their mommy snd daddy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health Awareness

Mental Health Awareness Mental health doesn't need an invitation to wreak havoc on your mind, body and soul. It comes without warning. You could be perfectly fine and then you just feel unwell or uneasy. Your body starts tensing up and you feel like you're drowning. I have tried to hide from my anxiety for years because people treat you differently. They don't understand that it is not who you choose to be but it chooses you. Do you have that friend who always says they will, but they don't? It is not because they don't want to attend or they don't want to excel. It is because they are physically and mentally tired. Why does society shun the weak and feeble? Do they not know that sometimes mental illness comes from tragedy? Or maybe it is society that created it? Some people haven't been given the ability to cope with their illness. Or maybe you are strong and famous but you suffer depression? Every time you make someone feel bad for mental illn...

Your'e in the fight of your life..

You're in the fight of your life, and its in heavenly places.. Whatever walk of life you're in you are grouped in three categories in life. You have gone through something hard. You are going through something hard currently. You will go through something hard in the future. This illusion that we will not go through trials in our life because of (insert your idea) is misleading to the true interpretation to life here on earth. Because since sin entered this world we have been battling a war between good and bad. That is why the hardest battles you will probably go through will be mental warfare not physical. Although physical pain is never the less hard and debilitating so is our mental wars.   I am a religious person, you may not be. That is your journey. So for me I like to look at the mental battles in a sense of holy ground.   The devil will always try to derail you. And he comes through our thoughts and interpretations of ourselves. "I am not good enough...

Contentment

I haven’t wrote since my miscarriage. Honestly I stopped anything that I was doing to advance myself mentally, physically and emotionally because I was numb. Anxiety sets in and derails me from my supplements that I know work for me. I convinced myself it was what caused the miscarriage and irregular periods. However I know what the root cause of my problems are. They always have been my anxiety. But they don’t always have to be. I’m not comfortable living a “victim” mindset. Not that things haven’t been tough for me but because I have tons to be grateful for and I know it could always be worse. You see chronic stress rather it’s brought on by life or stress we manifest ourselves will make you physically ill. It’s a viscous cycle. Your anxiety makes you worry about everything on God’s green earth and then it creates high levels of stress. The saying “what goes up, must come down” obviously was never referring to an anxious mind. And your body believes what your mind tells it to. I...