Skip to main content

Contentment

I haven’t wrote since my miscarriage. Honestly I stopped anything that I was doing to advance myself mentally, physically and emotionally because I was numb. Anxiety sets in and derails me from my supplements that I know work for me.

I convinced myself it was what caused the miscarriage and irregular periods. However I know what the root cause of my problems are. They always have been my anxiety. But they don’t always have to be.

I’m not comfortable living a “victim” mindset. Not that things haven’t been tough for me but because I have tons to be grateful for and I know it could always be worse.

You see chronic stress rather it’s brought on by life or stress we manifest ourselves will make you physically ill.

It’s a viscous cycle. Your anxiety makes you worry about everything on God’s green earth and then it creates high levels of stress. The saying “what goes up, must come down” obviously was never referring to an anxious mind. And your body believes what your mind tells it to.

If you don’t come down your body becomes toxic.

I’ve purposefully started to find ways to decompress. I’m needing to find myself. Not just the wife of my wonderful husband whom I thank God for sparing his life. Not just the mother to the most awesome baby girl ever.

I’m looking for the woman God wants me to be. To be healthy not just fit. To embrace aging and these scars with open arms as they are my war wounds and wisdom streaks. To be content in every season of my life as it is part of what’s made me the woman I am today.

That through my struggles maybe I can help someone else along the way.

Because at the end of the day. When my heart aches because I cannot change my husbands prognosiss. When the mom guilt takes over because I snapped too much at my strong willed daughter. Or maybe I’m down on myself because I’ve drank a little too much wine this month. Or I look in the mirror and I don’t even recognize the woman I’m looking at.

That the only thing in this whole wide world that I have control over is my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. And I can be content knowing. It is well with my soul.

💜 Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sit with Jesus..

  This morning my husband got up to go hunting. Typically I’d fall back asleep and wake when the kids do but I kept hearing in my head, sit with Jesus. My mother in law gifted me a devotional years ago called messy motherhood. I’ve picked it up and put it down so many times but that’s motherhood right? However I chose that as my baseline for this morning’s visit with God. And man does he NOT disappoint when he specifically calls you to sit with him immediately!  In this devotional Lysa talks about: “(Ephesians 4:22-24). The Greek word for "made new" is koino. One of its definitions is "uncommon." I wanted to be an uncommon calm in the midst of chaos and an example of peace for my kids in a world of pressure. For that to happen, I came up with a plan for us moms: Tell the world to wait.” In my overstimulated brain I often getting very tired and weary. It’s like there’s no escaping it. But I was reminded today that I am managing blessings and if I want to cultivate q

The narrow road..

  Maybe it’s not about the straight and narrow road but how these red words come alive off this page.   Maybe it seems so hard when you’re looking in the rear view mirror instead of between the yellow lines.  I know I’ve found God at the end on my rope, looking out the window on my way to church. I believe he loves me on my bad days just as much as my worst, and I’ll never get to heaven unless I accept the hurt. He can use a fishing rod and deer stands, restless nights chasing monsters out from under the bed.  If I’m gonna get to heaven I’ll learn to slow down and soak in the view, because living water pours from the mountain and reaches the valley in the lowest points of view. ❤️

I don’t think Jesus does it that way..

  Every time I look back on what I’ve been through and I see the person I’m morphing into, I understand how the pain had to exist to get me to wake up. I’ve always been hard headed, and it wasn’t until I shared my testimony in text to my eldest niece that I truly understood the magnitude of it. I’ve talked about my testimony when I was younger but seeing it written out allowed me space to advocate for other young women like myself. Since I have a daughter I want her to know that there is so much groundwork that had to be done to cultivate a healthy lifestyle and that sometimes we have to walk through fire to find the best version of ourselves and there’s NO shame in that!  🖤 My testimony below - the younger version 🖤 “I remember the teenage years were so hard for me. I tried so hard to find where I fit in. I thrived on attention from anyone who would give it to me. I avoided the people I loved because I felt convicted of the lifestyle I was living anytime I was around good. But God!