Skip to main content

I wanted you so bad! 

My husband and I tried for a year to have a second child. 7 months after my daughter was born I experienced postpartum anxiety and depression. I stopped breastfeeding and started taking Zoloft. Taking an antidepressant was hard for me because I swore after I stopped taking clonazapm I’d never alter my mind and body again.
But I had to, for her. To be mentally and physically present for my daughter. She needed the best part of me. Not the anxious/depressed momma. Or the tired momma, or the scared momma. She didn’t care if I breast fed until she weaned herself. She needed me! The best of me.
The Zoloft made me start gaining weight and having irregular periods which is partly why it’s taken a year to conceive.
After a long wait on May 4th I got three positive hpt! We were thrilled! We took a picture of our 2 year old with a shirt that said “I’m going to be a big sister!” Announced to our immediate family and scheduled the first prenatal appointment.
I was in shock still so may 6th I took one more because I started cramping. It was negative. I got a beta blood test the very next day where they confirmed my levels were too low indicating I was having a chemical miscarriage and I would’ve been five weeks.
Everytime I went to the bathroom it was torture. You mc mamas understand what I mean. The reminisce of what could’ve been, what was. I felt like there was something wrong with my body.
I was reluctant to share our grief because the way society shuts peoples feelings down if they don’t understand your journey personally or choose to grieve differently. “At least you can have kids”, “be glad you already have one” or “you weren’t very far along”
I was sad, angry and hesitant to try again because to go through it again was scary. But I’m getting older and we really want to have another child.
As my first period arrival date should be approaching or has passed my grief has surfaced again. The glimpse of hope, the sadness of losing a child, and the fear of goimg through it again is just too much. Do I test? If it’s negative does that mean another chemical mc? The mental torture is tough.
The trying and failing every damn month. The hormonal shifts, the hot flashes, the pregnancy symptoms but nothing to show for it. The period symptoms that feel like pregnancy symptoms (like is that some sick joke) the comments from other humans, the grief - it’s all too much!
Dear baby #2, sweet angel. I wanted you SO bad! I wanted to hear that thumping heartbeat, I wanted to feel you squirming, I wanted the sleepless nights, the back pain, I wanted to pick out your name, I wanted the cravings, I wanted to decorate your nursery, I wanted Olyvia to have you as a little, I wanted to feel the pain from childbirth, and I wanted to see your sweet face.
I have never been so aware of life happening at conception until I became a mom with baby #1 and mourned the loss of baby #2.
A loved one gave me a book called “grieving The Child I never knew” 
Lauren - I love you. Thank you!
To all the women who can’t, all the ones who have and the struggles mommahood brings. and all the ones who have but are grieving - my heart goes out to you in a big way!
Lean on God, friends and family. Or share your thoughts. There is healing and bravery in vulnerability.
Love,
Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sit with Jesus..

  This morning my husband got up to go hunting. Typically I’d fall back asleep and wake when the kids do but I kept hearing in my head, sit with Jesus. My mother in law gifted me a devotional years ago called messy motherhood. I’ve picked it up and put it down so many times but that’s motherhood right? However I chose that as my baseline for this morning’s visit with God. And man does he NOT disappoint when he specifically calls you to sit with him immediately!  In this devotional Lysa talks about: “(Ephesians 4:22-24). The Greek word for "made new" is koino. One of its definitions is "uncommon." I wanted to be an uncommon calm in the midst of chaos and an example of peace for my kids in a world of pressure. For that to happen, I came up with a plan for us moms: Tell the world to wait.” In my overstimulated brain I often getting very tired and weary. It’s like there’s no escaping it. But I was reminded today that I am managing blessings and if I want to cultivate q

The narrow road..

  Maybe it’s not about the straight and narrow road but how these red words come alive off this page.   Maybe it seems so hard when you’re looking in the rear view mirror instead of between the yellow lines.  I know I’ve found God at the end on my rope, looking out the window on my way to church. I believe he loves me on my bad days just as much as my worst, and I’ll never get to heaven unless I accept the hurt. He can use a fishing rod and deer stands, restless nights chasing monsters out from under the bed.  If I’m gonna get to heaven I’ll learn to slow down and soak in the view, because living water pours from the mountain and reaches the valley in the lowest points of view. ❤️

I don’t think Jesus does it that way..

  Every time I look back on what I’ve been through and I see the person I’m morphing into, I understand how the pain had to exist to get me to wake up. I’ve always been hard headed, and it wasn’t until I shared my testimony in text to my eldest niece that I truly understood the magnitude of it. I’ve talked about my testimony when I was younger but seeing it written out allowed me space to advocate for other young women like myself. Since I have a daughter I want her to know that there is so much groundwork that had to be done to cultivate a healthy lifestyle and that sometimes we have to walk through fire to find the best version of ourselves and there’s NO shame in that!  🖤 My testimony below - the younger version 🖤 “I remember the teenage years were so hard for me. I tried so hard to find where I fit in. I thrived on attention from anyone who would give it to me. I avoided the people I loved because I felt convicted of the lifestyle I was living anytime I was around good. But God!